Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010! Hello 2011...Goals for the new year!

The best thing about 2010 is.....sweet baby Abigail Faith Henderson.

2010 started really sad for our family, because Jan.12, 2010, we miscarried twins at 7 1/2 weeks.  We were so excited about the new addition to our family during the holiday season, and had told all of our family and friends....when suddenly they were taken from us.  We actually didn't find out that there was two babies, until right before my D&C....so that was very painful, to know that we now had 3 glory babies in heaven.  Just 6 weeks after I had the miscarriage, we were again amazed by God's goodness to find out I was pregnant again!  Steven and I were thrilled to welcome our third daughter, Abby, on Oct. 14, 2010!

IMG_4381bwbeauty

IMG_4386copydrkalmond

As 2010 came to an end, we were saddened to find out that Steven is deploying to Afghanistan for a year.  After prayer, we feel like God is leading me to move back home to OK to live with my parents while he is deployed.  Here are some of my goals for 2011!

1. Take more pictures, with more journaling, so Steven can feel like he is apart of the kids lives while he is gone.
2.  Take more videos of the kids playing and special events.
3.  Read a book every 2 weeks, mixing fiction, with something a spiritual book/book on parenting/living a healthy lifestyle.
4.  Try to cook more whole food meals, avoiding processed foods as much as possible...but not be crazy insane about it!
5.  Make sure I do my quiet time everyday, and to consistently do family devotions with the kids.
6.  Exercise  4-5x per week, but not put working out over spending time with the Lord.
7.  To use this time to pay off all debt, and to save for the future, including an adoption in the next 3 years!
8.  To research adoption options....international, domestic, foster....so we can begin the process as soon as Steven gets home!
9.  Keep my blog updated...mostly for Steven.
10.  Play more with my kids, and do more 1 on 1 time, since I will have a ton of babysitters....use this time to spend alone time with each of my children.

That's it so far....My biggie is to not waste so much time, to use my time as efficiently as possible...which means get off the computer!!! :)

1 comment:

Micah and Sunny said...

Aww, great post! Here are a few suggestions: chronicles of the king by Lynn Austin if you haven't read them, do! Adoption agencies...it is essential what one you choose. I would recommend dillon international and Holt for international and crisis pregnancy outreach in tulsa for domestic, an amazing place. I have actually worked with DHS some too so we need to talk:) check out adoptuskids.org for domestic and rainbow kids for international. So exciting to hear!!!!